-
March 20th, 2005, 11:48 PM
#41
HB Forum Owner
!! It is? Wow, I'm so lucky to read this now; I was about to leave that place.
I'm still getting used to the game; I have bad memory and I had forgotten a lot of it: a bit of the story (mostly the last hours) and a lot of game items, skills, controls, etc., especially what I forget all the time - what do I have equipped, what's it good for, who's strongest, who should I level, and what I was planning to buy.
I'll spend more time in this Gemity city then. The Single and Team modes of the arena are really hard though (almost botched Team and could not finish Single because the damned thing kept healing).
I think the game is still great, and probably a masterpiece, depending on where I place the line dividing masterpieces from great games: if I want to cover other games besides Xeno, Grandias, and Shenmue, I'll probably have to count Star Ocean 3 in, at least for the magnificent gameplay and visuals and good music and story. Its flaws are the character development, and the poorly exploited story elements right when things demanded better treatment. I'm ok with the twist, it had potential, only they didn't manage to exploit it. And like I said in previous posts, I was thinking of a better thing to make that twist into, honoring its name of
*STAR OCEAN III SPOILERS*
?
?
?
?
?
four dee space.
?
?
?
?
?
**
-
March 21st, 2005, 05:49 AM
#42
Inactive Member
really, you could only get the battle trophies in the beginning? i thought there was a way to turn then on later if you wanted to...hmmm.
i agree, star ocean is very epic, and i enjoyed it so much. i bought it the day it came out, and i still play it and think its so fun! as for xenosaga 2..well i bought it when it came out, and im already through with it.
-
March 21st, 2005, 01:31 PM
#43
HB Forum Owner
Cataferal: I missed out completely on battle trophies. They didnt say a thing about it at the beginning, which, as it happens, is the only time you can pick up the function.
WiseMoron: !! It is? Wow, I'm so lucky to read this now; I was about to leave that place.
And now I realize you mean battle trophies as in "battle trophies", the thing you get when you do something witty in combat, not any kind of prizes you may earn in the minigames of Gemity.
-
March 21st, 2005, 08:01 PM
#44
Senior Hostboard Member
Question is, did i miss out on much? Or did you miss out on this too?
-
March 21st, 2005, 08:37 PM
#45
HB Forum Owner
I don't think you missed that much, it's only extras, clothes, and I don't know if you get anything else for doing them.
I didn't miss either battle trophies or minigames; I only misunderstood what you said (even though you used the game's name) and thought you were saying I shouldn't go past where I am because I wouldn't be able to play the minigames again.
-
March 21st, 2005, 08:51 PM
#46
Senior Hostboard Member
Ahaaa...i see. (Damn [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
I guess it may warrant a replaying then. This time i'll be able to see another ending, alter some choices with characters, unlock battle trophies and do some more mini-games. That is, if i can tear myself away from MGS3 and Xenogears. No easy task.
-
March 21st, 2005, 10:30 PM
#47
HB Forum Owner
Get Yhkam Daync's guide titled "STAR OCEAN: TILL THE END OF TIME - AFFECTION FAQ" GameFAQs filename "star_ocean_3na_affection.txt" and plan something like ※SPOILERS IN THIS LINK※ ►►►this◄◄◄ ※END OF SPOILERS※ so you can get to see the endings you want, and as many of them as possible.
My plan there sucks, I started doing the game as I felt like then I found out the questions determined my endings, and since I love Nel, I had to make a mess in the final 10 Qs to make her like me, and I ended up screwing Cliff's. (Fayt really needed more PAs, like being able to compliment the girls and buy stuff for them, as in real life ?_? .)
With a little thinking you can design an awesome game. Think which characters do you want to play with first, then who do you want to have in the end. Some of them will be incompatible, like Nel and ***e* (I think I had found it was demonstrable that you cannot have both Nel and ***e* ready for the ending).
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ March 21, 2005 06:32 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>
-
March 22nd, 2005, 12:53 PM
#48
Inactive Member
here's the formula for getting every ending, if you are so inclined-
this one is based on if you pick nel and peppita...
with these two extra characters, these are the possible endings- sophia, cliff, nel, peppita, mirage, and solo ending. (thats these people with fayt)
Next do these PA's and give the answers, but you must only do these PA's, and NO OTHERS
PA# aNSWER#
5 1
7 1
8 1
9 2
13 1
14 4
15 -
16 2
18 3
19 1
21 1
25 1
22 3
23 1
24 1
32 1
34 1
36 1
38 2
37 3
43 1
THEN DO THESE-
PA# aNSWER #
44 1
45 1
46 -
47 2
48 1
53 3
make these potions with compounding-Pheromone enhancer, tears of aphrodite, tears of ishtar, and tears of venus. So right before the last boss, decide on who you want the ending with, and give them these potions based on the bottom chart. they all do the same thing, lower the users emotion points by one.
if you want ending with sophia, give peppita 5 potions, and adray 3.
if you want ending with cliff, give 1 potion to fayt, 7 to sophia, 5 to peppita, and 3 to adray.
if you want the nel ending give 7 to sophia, 5 to peppita, 3 to mirage, and 3 to adray.
if you want the peppita ending do nothing
if you want the mirage ending give 7 to sophia, 2 to nel, 5 to pepita, and 3 to adray.
if you want the adray ending give 4 to peppita.
if you want the solo ending, give 2 to fayt, 7 to sophia, 5 to pepita, and 3 to adray.
then you can see all the endings with these people. i just posted this for info, if anybody wants to know the particular PA's, or the endings you can get with roger and albel, let me know, i can type them out.
-
March 22nd, 2005, 03:46 PM
#49
HB Forum Owner
Oh, yes, on the emotions thing: do you know how they work? Will they lower the target's likeness for Fayt by 1, or they'll lower everybody's but the target's?
-
March 23rd, 2005, 01:23 AM
#50
Inactive Member
i believe its just -1 feelings for fayt on the target that you use it on. so this could still work if you're already doing the game, you could give a bunch to one person and see if you get a different ending.
<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ March 22, 2005 09:26 PM: Message edited by: crazyelf ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks